domingo, 8 de mayo de 2016

MAC Diva review.







By now you probably know I rarely post any spontaneous beauty reviews. However, when I find a product I truly like, I can make an exception and talk a little about it. As you certainly guess, this is totally one of those unusual occasions.

During our little Vienna holiday two weeks ago (more on that coming later), I accidentally stumbled upon a MAC Cosmetics store and decided to stop and have a look. I should explain that, although we do have a shop in Bucharest, it is quite a small one and unfortunately its stock is normally quite modest for a number of reasons. Nevertheless, its Austrian counterpart was reasonably interesting in terms of supplies, so I took the chance for a quick look.






I have read so many reviews about their lip products over the years, I had to go straight for them. Crimson and berry shades are my cup of tea when it comes to lipstick, so after a brief check, I favored Diva over other options (which was kind of funny, as I deeply dislike the name. It is a bit pretentious, right?). But going back to the product itself, I quickly became attracted both, to shade and matte texture.





I couldn´t resist the temptation and I used it for the first time next day, and this is pretty much what I noticed about it.


1. First: The colour is a deep rich wine-berry shade, and it looks more impressive when applied (maybe because I am quite pale, so it makes a beautiful contrast with my skin).  

2. Second: Pigmentation is amazing. Even with just one layer the product looks colourful. 

3.  Third: I found the matte texture reasonably easy to apply. It can make my naturally dry lips even drier and using a balm before applying is a good idea. However, I must say I didn´t find it any worse than any other matte lipsticks I own.
 
4. Fourth: Allegedly long-lasting was not that impressive, but quite standard. I had some coffee after about four hours wearing, and although the colour was OK in most places, I needed to re-apply on the inner corners of my lips. Not totally perfect but I think it is acceptable (and I can be a bit messy while eating/drinking to be totally fair, pretty much like the cookie monster...)





To sum it up, a would say what I love the most is all about colour, pigmentation and texture.
Nevertheless, I think they could make it a bit better with durability. But will I shop again? Most definitely, YES. As a matter of fact, I found it quite professional, and I would like to test other products in order to see if they are equally valuable.



 So tell me darlings, are you MAC fans? What´s the last product you have tried? 

 

 



12 comentarios:

  1. Oh wow what a beautiful colour. I don't have any Mac lipsticks but I feel like I need one now.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. I would totally recommend the brand to you if you are looking for something professional and money worthy, Joanne. MAC has got a good colour palette matching most complexions. Also, the own a good quantity of interesting shades most brands don´t. Just saying, haha.

      Eliminar
  2. Looks like a great shade! My lipstick always seems to rub off, although I don't really have any expensive brands!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Same happens to me, Laura! I think it is all about the product quality. However, in general matte or velveteen textures last twice the quantity of time than satin, so maybe you could try that first?

      Thank you for commenting!

      Eliminar
  3. Ooooh, that colour looks lovely! I adore matte lipsticks. I feel it lasts much better than the matte liquid lipsticks you can get x

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. I do appreciate liquid products, but there´s something about this composition I like better. I think you would love it too.

      Eliminar
  4. Diva is one of my favourite lipsticks! It's such a beautiful colour.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Indeed! Nevertheless, I think it is a bit underrated among MAC lovers. No idea why!

      Eliminar
  5. Thank you for a lovely comment dear :)

    When it comes to lipsticks, I discovered by an accident a great dark red wine colour - Collection 2000 no. 800 Under my spell. Tastes no so good, but looks very nice!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. My pleasure, dear! ♥ I have never heard of Collection 2000. Where can I find it?

      Eliminar
  6. What a beautiful colour, darling! I'm sure it looks great on you! I need to try MAC products myself, although they are quite pricey in my opinion. :(

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. I don´t know if they have got this colour in the little store at Aurel Blaicu mall, but if they do, I would totally recomend it for a first chance to MAC. It is quite the kind of shade that looks great with your complexion! ♥

      Also, I agree their products are a bit on the expensive side, but far cheaper than other luxury brands like Chanel, for instance (although in the same quality range).
      Let me know if you decide to try anything from them!

      Eliminar