martes, 2 de febrero de 2016

The wedding chronicles








As I repeatedly  said before, it is time to stop procrastinating and finally to share some of the memories from our big day. It took us some time to collect all the pictures, as our photography studio was a small one and they struggled a bit during the end of the weddings season to edit and deliver both photos and albums. However, we are truly happy about the results (and will probably hire them again for our first anniversary). Also, we have been very busy with studies and work, and that never helps, does it? But the thing is I am able to post our memories now.

I truly hope you enjoy my Wedding Chronicles.

 

 

 

Our big day started quite early in the morning. Most brides don´t sleep well the day before the wedding, but The Gentle One and I spent previous week showing Bucharest to our friends and relatives, so by the weekend we were truly exhausted. As a consequence, we both slept like children on our hotel room and woke up quite recovered. We said our goodbyes around eight in the morning (he went to his parents hotel to get ready and I stayed in our suite with my family) and began the whole "boudoir process". 




In all honesty, I was far too nervous to really know what was going on around me, so I am glad my parents and aunt were calm, prompt and efficient with last minute preparations. It is something I will never be thankful enough for. All I can clearly remember was my shaking hands while I was trying to sip my tea. I wasn´t nervous because of getting married itself, but I am the kind of introvert person who doesn´t like being observed... yeah, that´s one of the reasons why we had a small celebration abroad, even twenty five people was a bit too much for me. But going back to the events, makeup and hair artists arrived early too, and did a lovely work by making me look human, considering how baggy eyed I looked.




Time went by really quickly, and by eleven o´clock was time to get dressed. I am proud to say most of my attire was handmade by local artists: my modified shoes, fan and bouquet were made by a Brazilian tailor who works in my native city in Spain. Also, my dress was designed, put together and sewn by my favourite auntie, who is an awesome artist herself as you can judge in the pictures. I am amazed by the fact she sew all the embroidered fabric by using her hands instead of a machine! She´s such a perfectionist (and just in case you are wondering, yes, she takes custom orders for alternative wedding gowns, just let me know if you are interested). 




It was time my aunt and mum left the hotel, so my dad and I stayed while the photo artist took the chance to capture some portraits of me in the gown. By then I didn´t know, but it was also time for the wedding mini-disaster to reveal itself: my car was supposed to pick my up at 12, as the ceremony started at 12:15 and the the venue was quite close to the hotel. But that never happened! At 12.05 The Gentle One called to check up with the car service, and they explained to him that due to an informatic issue they never reached our car booking.
So basically, I was wearing my wedding dress and had no way to arrive on time to the ceremony. As you can imagine, that was not a funny moment, and most definitely it is something you don´t want to happen precisely in your wedding day...





By the time these portraits were taken, I had no idea about the car issue yet. To make things even worst, the company told The Gentle One they had no cars available. I had no idea how I made it, but I was able to control panic long enough to ask the hotel front desk assistant if they had a car rent service using a foreign language I don´t speak fluently. But they did! After fifteen agonal minutes my father and I were happy to board the car and head the ceremony venue. Unfortunately, I made the groom wait almost half an hour in the aisle. Heaven blesses cell phones!







Our ceremony was performed by a close friend of us in a 1912 theater (the legal part was celebrated in the Spanish embassy a two days before the big day in the company of our closest relatives). We exchanged both wedding vows and rings, as well as celebrating the traditional knot Celtic ritual to symbolize our union. Our significant ones spoke about love, and pronounced their good omens and marriage wishes for us. We listened our favourite music during the act, including Schubert, Ataraxia, Angels of Liberty, The Cure and White Lies.  The whole event was very emotional and nobody left without at least a couple of non-so-illed-timed tears.



 Once the ceremony was over Plain Song  by The Cure was played, and we had a little time to huge and kiss every of our guests, who had made the amazing effort of travelling to the other extreme of the European continent to be with us in our special day. And after that, we had our traditional leave during which we were showered with rose petals by them before we moved to the photo location to take our formal newly weds portraits





It was around three o´clock when we went back to the theater and the reception begun!
Everybody was excited to have some wine and music after such an emotional morning.
Our party and dinner were celebrated in the second floor, this place used to be a ball room and it was not difficult at all to bring back the spirit by illuminating it with dozens of candles. Flowers helped too: we chose amaranth, red roses and hygrageneas, all decorated with wild ivy and copper Autumn leaves.





Although the pictures are good, they make no justice to the general atmosphere. It was like being inside a nineteenth century film, even The Gentle One (who can be truly picky and critic when it comes to this stuff was amazed about the degree of detail and beauty the salon acquired after decorations were placed). We enjoyed a delicious dinner consisting of salmon, appetizers, champagne, beef and sweets after which we had also our wedding cake.





 The party lasted after midnight, and our first dance was In this Shirt by Irreprensibles, which is our song. By the end of the day, we felt exhausted but happier than ever. I must confess we were quite sceptic towards wedding clichés and all people say about that day being the happiest of your life. But after further consideration we had to admit there is a good dose of truth in such an assertion. The whole experience of celebrating life and love can be genuinely moving, specially when you are surrounded by people who have witnessed your path as a couple from the very beginning and have shown their support for a decade unreservedly. We will never get sick of saying thank you to all of them for their kindness.



  

 And now, you are all witnesses of our love too.

 

 

11 comentarios:

  1. You both look so gorgeous! I am glad that you had a great day.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you very much, Wendy! We had a truly pleasant and unforgettable day.

      Eliminar
  2. I'm awestruck. Everything about your wedding was perfect; the dinner room - GOSH, so opulent. Not to mention you in that beautiful dress, with your out-of-this-time face... and I'm jealous of your hairdo! It looks like something from Minoan frescoes :D This day must have had unique atmosphere and I'm sure it will remain an unforgettable experience for everyone, who took part in it. All the best for you two <3

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you a lot, Ra. We spent a good deal of time to find the perfect locations and providers, as we wanted our guests to really enjoy the day as well as make it truly different.

      And in relation to my hairdo, yes, it is totally Minoan, now that you mention it. Haha. I wanted the hairdresser to imitate Renaissance/Borgia style, but the resulting hairdo had its own personality. I liked it though, as it was a bit unusual. ♥

      Eliminar
  3. Just as I knew it would be, your wedding is probably the most beautiful I've ever seen in my life, Violette! You both look stunning - the dress is exquisite (your auntie really is an amazing seamstress!), The Gentle One's jacket, YOUR CAKE TOPPERS, the gorgeous location for the reception and the happy faces of your family and friends - too many exquisite details for me to put down here (plus I'm running out of adjectives to describe how wonderful it all looks!). Other than the car incident (which I think every special day needs in order to have a funny story to tell later on), it truly looks to be the most perfect of days. <3

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Oh, and I forgot to ask! I've never seen a ceremony where everyone was seated before - is that a European custom? Anyways, quite brilliant. Much easier than having to stand there shaking and possibly fainting during the vows. :)

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Actually, people tend to sit or get up during weddings in Spain, depending on its structure and the "key moments" of the celebration. Following this tradition, our guests stood up when I entered the theater with my father, and also while pronouncing their good wishes. The Gentle One and I stood all the time, except during my sister and our celebrant speeches (that were quite long). The whole ceremony lasted for about forty minutes, so it was very nice to be able to sit on a chair and control ours nerves. Thankfully, nobody fainted but everybody cried a lot, haha.

      And thanks a lot for your lovely words, Insomniac! You are always far too kind! ♥

      Eliminar
  5. Everything is fabulous! The clothes, cake toppers, your guests in black lace! That theatre!

    I would love a dress like your aunt makes but can you imagine the postage cost to Australia ha ha! I do plan for my future wedding dress to be red to, it is a lucky colour!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you very much, Laura. You are very nice about our wedding.♥

      In relation to the wedding dress, I am not very sure about how much it costs to send it tracked to Australia, but my family sends parcels to Japan all the time (one of my sisters live there), and although it is more expensive than European mail, it is not crazy. I think last Christmas my mum sent a 3 kgs packet and it costed something like 20 euros. But of course Australia is our antipodean, so it might be more expensive. Anyway, if you are interested, I can ask.

      And yes, red is a good omens colour! And looks SO beautiful too!

      Eliminar
  6. I've been away from the blogging world for some time but I greatly anticipated this post! Your dress turned out beautifully, you have a very talented aunt. Your wedding looked phenomenal, so decadent and gothy, you make a cute couple, too. Congrats! :)

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. I am glad to see get you back, Ladyfair! Thank you very much for all your nice words. We will celebrate our first wedding anniversary later this month, and I can´t believe it´s been a year already!

      Eliminar