domingo, 6 de diciembre de 2015

Blogmas Day 6: The Christmas tag.


 

 

Hello, this is Blogmas Day 6!

 I stumbled upon the Christmas tag last night on Twitter and I thought I could make it for you today, as I never did this one before. I am not a "tag post" kind of person usually, but as the whole Blogmas thingy is new to me, I guess we can make a little exception here. So here we go, I hope you like it. I must confess I had some fun by answering the questions. I wasn´t expecting that, to be honest!









1. What is your favourite Christmas movie?

This is a difficult one, there are so many to choose from! I think I am going to say 1984 Gremlins, as it is a film The Gentle One and I watch and enjoy every single holiday. There´s something about its joker spirit we revere, also the story line happens during Christmas so that counts as festive too, doesn´t it? Yet, I personally have a soft spot for Love, actually. Yes, I know it is a cheesy film, but I find it truly beautiful and melancholic, and the fact is set in London (my favourite city) makes it double special.


2. Do you open your presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas morning?

At my parents place we always save the present opening for Christmas Day. However, The Gentle One is far too impatient to wait for that, so when we celebrate at home we open them after dinner on Christmas Eve (in Spain the strong celebrations are focused around Christmas Eve dinner, rather than Christmas Day itself).




3. Do you have a favourite Christmas memory?

When I was a small child, Santa did not exist in my country at all, and Spanish people celebrated The Three Wise Men night instead. I was around eight years old when my parents told me there was this new guy in town coming from the North Pole to help The Wise Men with presents and we should thank him by leaving milk, sweet port and biscuits. When I woke up next morning and saw the food had gone it felt truly magical. 


4. Favourite festive food?
Turrón! Specially chocolate variety. It is a confection, typically made of honey, sugar, and egg white, with toasted almonds or other nuts. It is frequently consumed as a traditional Christmas dessert in Spain ad it simply yummy. Since I live abroad, it is harder to find it on supermarkets, but sometimes my mum sends a box full of traditional sweets to us during December.




5. Favourite Christmas gift?

Another difficult one, I must say. I think my favourite was this giant top quality art briefcase, all full of pencils, crayons, watercolours, glitter glue, tempera and mostly everything you could need to make pretty pictures. As drawing was my second preferred activity after reading, I played with my present for months. Actually, now that I come to think about it, I think it was the only Christmas gift I literally used until I finished and wasted all its content.



6. Favourite Christmas scent?

I like anything with a Christmas spice scent. Every year I pay a visit to The Body Shop and Yves Rocher to get me their body lotions and shower gels. Right now my current favs are spiced vanilla and orange.





7. Do you have any Christmas Eve traditions?

Of course, as I said this is the most important tradition in Spain. We always prepare a very well-thought dinner, light candles, drink some pre-dinner cocktails, and in case we celebrate in our own apartment, we open the presents. Afterwards we watch a good movie.




8. What tops your tree?

Usually a gold glittery star. I am not of the religious type, so no angels.







9. As a kid what was the one (crazy, wild, extravagant) gift you always asked for 
but never received?

 I wasn´t too stravagant as a kid, so I usually asked for normal things and got them.




 10. What's the best part about Christmas for you?

Everything! I love spending my time with the people I love (and friends are as important to me as family), going to the movies with my husband and with my youngest sister, sending and receiving Christmas postcards, walking on cold mornings with a hot drink in hand (mulled wine, people, mulled wine!), watching Harry Potter marathons with sweet popcorn... I am such a cliché in Christmas!


Please feel free to copy and paste the tag questions and fill them in yourselves, I’d love to see your answers.

 

 


6 comentarios:

  1. Really enjoyed reading your post! ^^ Super cute pictures by the way! And Gremlins is my favorite Christmassy movie as well! Greetings from a rainy Lithuania!

    Simona

    www.crispyventures.com

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you Simona! I am very glad you enjoyed the post. Also, you always take the most wonderful pictures, so it means a lot to me you like mine. It is really flattering coming from you! ♥

      Eliminar
  2. I haven't seen Love, Actually in years! I must see if we still have a copy - the youngest and I used to watch it together. The spouse is not a fan of sappy movies and would generally rather go to bed rather than watch it with us. ;)

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. The Gentle One used to make himself look like a manly guy who hated cheesy films, but in the last couple of years I have noticed every time I sit on the couch with a tea and some soulful movie, he tends to discreetly sit by my side. I am not really sure if he was pretending to be dour about films, or if he simple learned to appreciate them :P

      Eliminar
  3. I don't know why replying to your posts isn't working for me lately... I wrote how wonderful I thought your sewing was in a previous post but I guess you never got it :( I am posting with my URL this time, hoping you get it!

    Oh, I have so many things to reply to your post, I don't know where to start..!
    First of all, I love the Christmas tag. I don't care if it's cheesy :)
    Everyone loves Love, actually over here. I can't stand it since every single man in the movie hooks up with a much younger and better looking woman - except Laura Innes who gets together with a model for two seconds, but then settle her with such a low opinion of herself that she dumps him :(
    I totally agree on the crafts gifts being the best! The two presents I remember the best are one year when I got a toolbox full of tools and one year I got a sewing machine :)
    And no religion over here either, a glittery purple star adorns our tree.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Sorry to hear that, Ms. Misantropia. I did not receive your previous comment. A friend of mine tried to leave one a couple of days ago signing as anomymous, but that didn´t work. Maybe there´s something wrong with blogger lately?

      Mmm... I know what you mean about men in Love Actually. I like that type of stories partially because I find them heart breaking. I think Emma Thompson story line is my favourite, together with the Prime Minister one. But yeah, I can´t stop myself feeling pity for such a bunch of superficial pals in the film. At the end, most of them get what they deserve: loneliness. Even so, I try not to be too judgmental when it comes to art. Sometimes is just entertainment, sometimes is someone´s personal experience. But everyone is free to experience it different, and I love that.

      In relation to crafts, I find totally magical to make something with my own hands. I believe that´s priceless, and I am always looking forward to receive that type of presents, although not many people are interested on crafts these days, don´t you think?



      Eliminar