viernes, 4 de diciembre de 2015

Blogmas Day 4: My needle work.






Welcome to Blogmas Day 4!
Today I want to share with you my progress with sewing. I bought my first machine last February, and since then I have been working now and then, most frequently during weekends and days off. The first bunch of pieces I sewed were poorly built and were impossible to wear them comfortably, but lately I feel the results are slightly better. 







Of course, better doesn´t mean perfect and I do know there is a long way to walk until the finished clothing is acceptable, nonetheless at this point I feel quite happy about how my work is evolving. Hopefully, in one year I will be sewing stuff I am a hundred per cent proud of, who knows? But as for now, I just wanted to show you what I have been doing.
I tried to build this dress according to the Lolita fashion standards before our honeymoon in Paris. I made it of plain satin cotton, and added some decoration and trimming. Also, I handmade the little rosette brooch in the waistline. In this pictures I decided to coordinate it with some vintage accessories to give it a certain roaring twenties vibe, as I was using it to walk through the Paris streets and it felt just the right thing to me.
Anyway, I had lots of fun by making it, and I am really excited every time I wear it, so that´s enough to me! 

So tell me, darlings, have you been working on any new creative project lately?



 

4 comentarios:

  1. I think that for someone who just started sewing in February, you are doing fantastic, Violette! I've been sewing for forty years and it's seldom I make it through a project without having to rip apart numerous mistakes. :)

    As for me, Christmas is approaching so I'm knitting more socks than I'd care to. I think I might also be making a pillow for an Xmas giveaway, but I don't want to say too much in case it doesn't work out. LOL

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Wow! Sewing for forty years is amazing, you must be a master at this point, Insomniac! I am sure you have a very thorough technique after so many years learning.

      I love Christmas socks and jumpers, and all things handmade, so I think your family and friends are going to be very happy about your presents. Also, I hope you go ahead with your pillow! I´d like to see that on your blog!

      Eliminar
  2. I love this sooo much! Very inspiring! Wow you are so good at sewing!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you very much, Laura. Your nice words made my day!
      Nevertheless, I am far to be good at sewing yet, my work is all full of mistakes. I have improved a little in the sense of making those a bit less noticeable, but they are still there. Also, I tend to choose very basic patterns that may offer little or no difficulty at all (mostly skirt and easy dresses). As I said, my work is very far from the desired results at the moment, but I am quite stubborn and I am sure if I keep trying I will get where I want in the future!

      Eliminar