jueves, 3 de diciembre de 2015

Blogmas Day 3: Festive nails.





Hello everybody and welcome to day 3 of Blogmas!

I think I never mentioned it before, but I have been stalking the Christmas manicure tag on Tumblr for years. Actually, it has been so much time that now it looks like FOREVER.
In the past I made too many attempts of giving my hands a festive look, just to get disappointed about my poor inexistent nail art skills. This year, however I did my very best and took it really seriously... And before you start singing praises... I FAILED AGAIN. I have a very embarrassing picture to prove it, but with your permission that one is going to remain in the bottom of the "shame photographic file" where I keep all the documented mistakes I commit far too frequently. THANKYOUVERYMUCH.







Anyway, once I gave up I simply moved to the closest nail salon and ask them to do it for me, as a proper unskilled adult and all, and I am happy to say this is what I got, picture included! They thought the work was good enough to take a picture of it and post it on their facebook/twitter/instagram/whatever, so here I am, with a professional picture of my pretty and happy nails.  So I learnt the lesson: when you need something well done, make other people do it for you.

 

 

 

8 comentarios:

  1. They look fantastic! I've been debating getting my nails done professionally for Christmas this year too, I've never had them done by somebody else before.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. I had never gone to a professional salon to get nails done until I arrived to Bucharest, but there are so many good options around that I started trying and I always feel very happy about the results. Now I go to the salon every time have the excuse of a special ocassion, and generally, I visit once a month (as their results normally last for two weeks and the rest of the time I make my nails myself). So summing up: give it a go. If you don´t like, then you can try it again by yourself :)

      Eliminar
  2. I can barely get my nail polish on without slopping it all over the sides of my fingers, let alone attempt nail art. And when the colours you always choose are gunmetal grey or very dark burgundy, those kind of errors really show! I admire anyone who can do that sort of thing themselves. There are some amazing examples on Instagram too!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. I feel you here! In the last couple of years I have been able to learn how to paint my nials almost properly without embarrasing mistakes, but it literally has taken around a decade of my life (being left handed doesn´t help for most things concerning hand precission...) So there´s no chance I magically wake up one fine morning with a new nail art talent. Even with lots of work (and I have no time for that, definitely) I would make little or no progress. So yeah, bring the nail artists to me. Haha.
      And yes, there are so many good examples out there! I always go jealous!

      Eliminar
  3. These nails are gorgeous! I recently had my nails done at my local salon and I never want to go back to painting my own nails, it was so therapeutic, I'm going back just before Christmas to get a more festive pattern. I think I'm going to go for a deep red with gold glitter, but I love the statement nail in your post so I may change my mind! x

    Ami | perksofbeingami

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you so much, Ami! And thank you so much for commenting.
      I understand what you mean by therapeutic. There´s something quite relaxing about the whole ritual of putting your hand in warm water, listening to soft music or talking to the nail artist, getting the nail colour and so on. I think it is a good way to relax for a very reasonable price ;)

      Eliminar
  4. Yes, it is so hard to paint nails yourself! The salon job is lovely!

    Do you have Jamberry where you live? They make wonderful decals!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. I am afraid, not. I have never seen one of those, neither in Spain nor in Romania.
      I never tried decals myself, as I am a bit afraid my clumsiness would spoil the work anyway.

      Eliminar