viernes, 6 de febrero de 2015

Seasons don´t fear the reaper




When I was a kid, I used to think seasons were made up.
Well, as weird as this sounds, it is quite reasonable if you grow up on a land where it rains ten months
a year. The two months left are an irregular sequence of sunny and cloudy days, unexpected showers, and windy times, so the technical classification of Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall  was everything but real to me.

Taking that into account, you will understand why after a year living with continental Europe weather,  I am not still used to it.
I have no idea about falling walking on the snow, sudden Summer electric storms, proper Autumal landscapes AND (more importantly) what to wear for real Winter.
Because, Winter? What´s that?




Outfit rundown: dress - vintage / cardigan - Stradivarius / necklace - sister´s gift / flower clip - Primark.

So, as long as we were having an acceptable February this week, I thought ten grades weren´t stopping me from wearing my favourite clothes, and I decided a Plumeti cocktail dress was a wonderful option to attend the local cabaret, just after some walking.
Yes, February walking. On a Summer fabric dress.
Hey, there´s nothing as fancy as Plumeti after all!

And out we went: properly dressed-for-season fiancé, me and my far-too-light-for-this-weather coat too. I know what you are thinking. As soon as I realized it wasn´t ten grades anymore, I went back to the apartment and changed my clothes, right?  WRONG.
You see? I can be quite stubborn, so after all the careful advice from The Gentle One I would had rather eat my petticoat than admiting it was too cold for my attire. 
Summing up, I made all my way to the underground station in solemn silence (actually,
the type of solemn silence women show on old-fashioned films, when the pirates make them walk the plank) and arrived to the club freezing but proud of my own silly resistance.

I was quite lucky not to get a cold, partially because of the hot chocolate and orange juice 
my wise man made me drink. And to finish the tale, we returned home.
ON A TAXI.

So tell me darlings, were was the last time you made a fashion or silly mistake?


16 comentarios:

  1. I try to dress for the season but I am still always cold. I actually went out with tights underneath my jeans and two cardigans underneath my coat yesterday and it still didn't help! I just ended up looking really quite strange. So I think that if you are going to be cold anyway you might as well look nice! You look lovely, and that is a beautiful necklace!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. I feel you! I have developed a certain habit of wearing tight always under my trousers during the Wintertime. They might certainly help, specially when they are pure cotton or wool. As for the rest, I agree sometimes wrapping up on clothes seems worthless, as it si cold anyway, hahaha.

      Eliminar
  2. You look lovely! I wouldn't probably know how to dress for snow either! I bet I don't even have a coat warm enough!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you Laura! ♥ I did not have proper coats for this cold weather before I came here, but the soon or the later, you need to buy one to survive. Now I only need to learn how to wrap myself on more layers :)

      Eliminar
  3. Hahaha I do this all the time!!! I get stubborn and wear whatever I feel like no matter the weather. I caught a cold last month because of this and it still doesn't want to leave me alone! :D

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Aw, sorry your cold is still with you, dearie. :( I hope you get better very soon.
      It is just so annoying to completely depend on weather to take daily decissions, isn´t it?

      Eliminar
  4. I generally tend to dress against the weather. I honestly can't remember when was the last time I wore a thick knit sweater. I always go for lighter pieces, no matter how cold it is. That is probably the reason why I have a thing for overcoats...

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Overcoats are a thing for sure! It is quite clever of you trusting on a good Winter coat to get rid off cold. I also enjoy nice outwear, specially what I call statement coats: I feel much better if they are pretty enough, so I don´t feel the urge to remove them as soon as I can :)

      Eliminar
  5. I was going into the city the other day and wanted to wear something other than my old parka so I put on a pretty lightweight coat. I drove the car out of the garage and left it running while I went back into the house and changed into my parka. I'm at an age where keeping warm is more important than looking good, obviously. LOL

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Hahaha, I can see your point there. On working days I tend more to wear comfy and warm clothes, but I hate not to be able to dress up a bit on the weekend because of the weather, so yeah, I do it anyway :P
      But I think I should be more sensible sometimes. Getting a bad cold in order to look better is not what I call an intelligent choice.

      Eliminar
  6. You are dressed beautifully, I wish there were more people as elegant as you roaming the streets! Your sister is definitely a tasteful individual, that necklace looks amazing, I adore how it compliments the whole outfit. It is also very, very lovely how you matched your lipstick to your nail lacquer, I always try to do that, adds a touch of elegance!

    I have personally made heaps of mistakes when it comes to fashion and clothing, however one of the funniest (and most shocking at the time) was back when I was sixteen and I went to school in a very large black shirt and what I thought to be opaque leggings at the light of my home. However when I stepped into school, the sunlight made the leggings see-through and I was mortified! Luckily the shirt was large enough to cover the basics, but I felt like I was wearing a very mini dress to school the whole time, so embarrassing!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Aw, thank you are very kind! ♥ I do my best to pay attention to little details (thanks for noticing!) but even so, the results are not always what I was planning. I do know very well about style mistakes, indeed! When I was younger, I tended to wear bold and heavy black makeup and it didn´t suit me at all. I am still trying to learn how to makeup and style my hair properly, but it is a long process and can take literally years, so pacience is all I have.

      Eliminar
  7. Loved your story. I can relate in reverse.
    Reminds me of all the times I've tried wearing velvet or vinyl under the glare of summer in the Caribbean. Of course I learnt from my mistake and pushed back those lovely outfits for any fortunate winter travel to the North (or the South) of the Globe. Most stores carry thousands of polyester dresses with polyester linings; it's hard to find the perfect little black dress in a light weight cotton blend.

    I will forever cherish your dark elegance towards every little aspect in your style ♥

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Oh, Summer can be definitely a pain in the ass too! Summer is quite bad here in Bucharest too, or at least quite bad to me (around 40 centigrades), so most of the times I just avoid living the house until sunset.
      As for high quality cotton dresses, I noticed you are quite crafty. Could you consider make them yourself maybe? That´s always a good option when you are not happy about retailer stores.

      And thanks you so much for all your nice words. You´re always an angel!

      Eliminar