domingo, 25 de enero de 2015

What I did in December.




Now that January is almost over (gosh, where did the month go?) it´s time to come back to old blogging habits, and that means a new update from my monthly round-up. So here you have a little description about what I watched/bought/tried and visited during December. I hope you find it interesting! 






Once Downton Abbey was over, I started feeling a bit uneasy and looked erratically for a new period drama I could enjoy on my spare nights of tea and series.
During my stay in Madrid, a friend told me she was very keen on Outlander, based on the novels by Diana Gabaldon. Although I had no previous idea about these books, we played the first episode on tv after dinner and to my surprise (I normally can´t stand romantic novel plots), I did enjoy it! So my little hunting-for-a-new-series-issue is solved at the moment.




On December I spent quite a lot in presents for my family, travelling and holiday expenses, no that left little budget to invest on self-indulging shopping.
Nonetheless, I casually saw these beautiful velvet gloves during our visit to one of the Christmas markets in Spain, and couldn´t let the chance to go for a couple of bucks.
Quite happy they match a new purple midi skirt I got this month!



Another small treassure from holidays is this KIKO concelaler I´ve been using lately.
As I am naturally pale, my dark circles can be quite bad, specially during the Wintertime, when I look pretty much as restless baby-vampire (and I am not even suggesting for a second that´s charming, beacause it´s NOT, I can tell you).
Anyway, I´ll be posting a more detailed review soon about the products I am currently wearing to conceal my very-tired Winter looks.




Madrid! 
We spent a long weekend over there, just visiting some old friends of us. It was really nice to stay during the pre-Christmas period, and see all the pretty shop windows, festive lights and seasonal markets. Also, we took the opportunity to go to Dark Christmas Fest, where we could enjoy the performances of The Frozen Autumn and Diary of Dreams.
It was such a memorable time we hope to repeat soon!
So tell me darlings, what interesting stuff have you been involved in lately?

12 comentarios:

  1. I'm definitely going to check that series out! I'm a sucker for period romantic dramas!!!! :D
    And now that I think about it... you lucky lucky girl... Diary of Dreams AND The Frozen Autumn??? You will make me shed tears of woe! :(

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. I think it deserves a chance, specially if you enjoy a bit of period fiction.
      Gosh, the concert was amazing, speciall Diary of Dreams, as they do know how to make a good show. The public enjoyed such a good time, even the ones who (like me) are not really big fans from them.

      Eliminar
  2. Beautiful gloves! I am in need of some new ones but by the time I get around to buying some it will probably be Spring! I'm looking forward to finding out what you thought about that concealer. I can never find one light enough for me!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Oh, that´s too bad, claire! I hope you can find some pretty gloves before the season is over. It is awful to be bare hands on this cold! As for the concealer, I always buy the lighter one, so maybe my review will be handful for you.

      Eliminar
  3. Outlander seems very interesting, I'm also looking for a new serie so maybe I'll try it ^^

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Lesthis, I totally recommend it to you if you are looking for something beautiful, original and romantic to watch.

      Eliminar
  4. Wow, those gloves are gorgeous! I have been trying to make time to see friends too! Your trip to Madrid sounds great!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. It is kind of difficult to find spare time to spend with friends, isn´t it? It´s always nice to be able to once in a while :)

      Eliminar
  5. I really enjoyed about the first three of the Outlander books, but then it started to get really old. But I can imagine the series is good! I'm just waiting for Vikings to start again in February - that and American Horror Story are about the only things I enjoy watching. :)

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Apart from Outlander, I am also watching The Walking Dead. I am looking forward to watch the new Penny Deadful season as well!

      Eliminar
  6. oh how I covet those gloves, great find!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Thank you Ms Misantropia! I was tempted to get them in black too, but I had no cash enough on me on that very moment. I think I might try to reproduce them in different colours at some point, I love DIY.

      Eliminar